Picnic Permits for 2015
Picnic permits for the 2015 season are on sale beginning January 19, 2015 for residents. Non-residents may purchase permits beginning April 1, 2015.
Planning your next Family Reunion, Corporate Event or Gathering of Friends?
The Tinley Park-Park District has ten picnic shelters throughout the Park District boundaries that are available for rental. The park shelters can accommodate group events for up to 150 people! Shelters are available every day for rental and can be used from dawn to dusk between May 1st and September 30th, unless previously scheduled for a park district or a community function. July 3rd, 4th and 5th will not be available due to the 4th of July Celebration held at Jaycee Grove and Centennial Park.
Amenities available at the shelters may include:
|Ball Fields||Playground Equipment|
|Basketball Areas||Picnic Shelter|
|Horseshoe Pit||Water Fountains|
|Portable Restrooms (Standard & Handicapped Accessible)||Indoor Restrooms|
|Picnic Tables (8' long tables/ seat 10)||Tennis Courts|
|Miniature Golf / Batting Cages||Sand Volleyball Court|
(Amenities vary based on park selection)
For information regarding availability and a selected park's amenities you may contact our friendly staff at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center located at 8125 W. 171st Street or by calling (708) 342-4200.
Permit applications will be available for Tinley Park-Park District residents starting in January on the Monday designated as Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. If more than one person is in attendance at 9:00 a.m., a lottery will be held. Non-residents may obtain permits beginning April 1. The applicant is required to provide a valid driver's license with photo or a photo ID upon applying for the permit.
Cancellations must be made at least 14 days prior to the shelter reservation date to receive a full refund. Patrons may also receive a refund in case of inclement weather (to be determined by the Park District staff).
Shelter Permit Fees
|FEE: *Residents: $75.00 | Non-residents: $225.00|
|Buedingen Park||167th Street & Cherry Hill Avenue||
|Centennial Park||7800 W. 167th Street||
|Gory Park||163rd Street & Surrey Drive||
|Lewis Park||Riverside Drive & Normandy Drive||
|Nasebandt Park||174th Street & Odell||
|Pottawattomi Park||178th Street & Oakwood||
|Veterans Park||160th Place & Ozark||
|Volunteer Park||175th Street & Valley View Drive||
|FEE: *Residents: $100.00 | Non-residents: $250.00|
|Jaycee Grove Park||16801 S. 80th Avenue||
|Vogt Woods||6527 W. 171st Street||
Please note: Any special requests, including but not limited to the use of carnival type equipment, use of a disc jockey or other musical entertainment, conducting a raffle, selling of products, admittance fee, etc., must be presented in writing to the Park District no less than one month prior to the permit date for approval and will require the purchase of insurance listing the Tinley Park-Park District as Additionally Insured for the event.
Park District Security Staff will check for Park Permits. Permits must be completed and approved prior to the event. No Park Permits will be granted on site.
Additional rules may apply. Please contact the Park District for additional information at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street or call (708) 342-4200.
Additional equipment or supplies, such as chairs, tents, etc. are the responsibility of the renter and must be preapproved by the Park District. The Tinley Park-Park District does not rent additional items for the shelter for a renter's event. No temporary structures such as tents or canopies may be used without prior written permission from the Park District.
Picnic Shelter & Picnic Grove Rules and Regulations
- Applicant must be 21 years or older to obtain picnic permit.
- Use of bouncers or carnival type equipment will require Park District approval in advance and a certificate of insurance from the provider naming the Park District as an additional insured.
- Vehicles are permitted only in the parking lot area. No vehicles may be driven or parked in any other area. Unload contents of your vehicle in the parking lot.
- The Park District reserves the right to require a certificate of insurance for any group.
- Any special requests must be presented in writing one month in advance of the permit date for approval.
- Any application for continuous days will require approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in the covered shelter area only.
- No temporary structures, such as tents or canopies, may be erected without written permission from Park District.
- The sale of refreshments, use of intoxicating beverages (where not designated) and gambling devices are prohibited.
- If your group exceeds the maximum number of occupants allowed, your permit will be revoked and you will be required to leave the premises. Park District Security will check permits and the number of participants.
- In case of a conflict with Park District sponsored activities, the Park District program has priorty over the permit holder.
- If at any time your group causes damage to park property or removes existing park property and/or violates state statutes of the State of Illinois, your permit will be revoked and you will be required to leave the premises.
- Violation of any rule or regulation will result in immediate termination of activity, tickets issued were appropriate, and exclusion from use of Park District facilities in the future.
- Picnic permits do not give the group exclusive use of the playground, ball diamonds, and park equipment. The park and equipment is open to all people wishing to use the facilities correctly.
- The Park District reserves the right to require the permitted individual or organization to hire, at their own expense, an off-duty Tinley Park Police Officer to be present on the premises during the period of the permit at a ratio of 1 police officer per 50 persons in attendance.
- Whenever a permit is given to any group, an indemnity bond up to $300,000 may be required, indemnifying the Park District for any and all damages to the premises or the equipment contained therein, or the appurtenances affixed thereto.
- The application form shall be referred to and used as a permit upon the approval of an authorized Park District official. The permit must be carries at all times during the activitiy by the person who has obtained and signed the permit. This permit must be shown to any authorized Park District official or village police officer upon request. In the case of two or more conflicting activities, the permit dated first shall entitle the bearer of use of the facility in question
- In the best interests of the community, the Park District reserves the right to revoke the permit of any individual or group at the discretion of the Park District.
- The permit holder is required to remove any temporary signs, clean up trash, and leave the premises in neat condition.
- Park District staff will have the picnic shelters cleaned by 11:00 a.m. on the day of your permit.
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PICNIC AREAS.
- All other general district rules and ordinances must be followed in addition to these rental rules.
- A FULL REFUND IS ATTAINABLE IF PICNIC PERMIT IS CANCELLED 14 DAYS PRIOR TO THE PERMIT DATE.
- If it rains the entire day, the permit fee will be refundable. Refunds based on weather conditions will be determined by Park District Staff.
- Picnic permit holder may transfer from one picnic site to another, if new date and site are available.