The Tinley Park-Park District hosts three races each year. Whether you’re a seasoned cross country runner or just want to set a new fitness goal, our 5K and 8K races bring the community together around the central goal of achieving a new personal-best time. Even walkers enjoy participating with friends and family to get everyone out and moving! Race t-shirts are available for purchase while supplies last.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 1
Presented by Republic Bank
Registration is open now! Pre-registration closes promptly at 3:00 pm on October 29.
Packet pick-up is October 31 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street.
In order to provide a safe race experience for everyone, Tinley Park-Park District has put the following procedures and guidelines in place. To be effective, we all need to adhere to and enforce everything listed below. We want the excitement and joy of the 5k racer to return, but we need to do so safely and responsibly. Please adhere to and abide by these guidelines for the safety of the Racers, race organizers, spectators, volunteers and others. These rules and guidelines can be changed or altered at any time in accordance with IDPH and local guidelines.
- No race day registration!
- No exchange or replacement of shirts on race day.
- 8:00am Start Time (8 times slots between 8:00am-10:00am) times will be emailed/assigned when packet is picked up.
- 50 Racers per group every 15 minutes
- Limit of 400 total racers
- Race results will be posted on tinleyparkdistrict.org . If you qualify for a medal (best time overall Male/Female Resident/Non-Resident or 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in your age division), they will be available for pick-up at the front desk of the Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street, during normal business hours (M-F 5:30am-9pm; Sa 7am-2pm; 8am-12pm).
- Practice social distancing and good hygiene (cover cough/sneeze, wash hands thoroughly and often, stay home if sick) throughout the day.
- Spectators and supporters are limited due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
- Spectators should not congregate at the finish line. There is ample room to wait for the racers and cheer them on.
- Maintain 6’ social distance during the event.
- Racer group sizes must be limited to fifty (50) or fewer.
- All Racers must maintain at least a 6’ distance between each other.
- In the 14 days prior to the race, Racers must not exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 or have known exposure to someone that has been ill.
- Racers must have normal temperature readings. No one with a temperature of 100.4°F or above is permitted to remain on site.
- Racers wait for their group number to be announced to line-up for the race with maintaining 6’ social distancing. Face masks are worn until the race organizer is ready to begin the race.
- Racers provide their own water bottle, towel or other personal hygiene products.
- Avoid any activities that result in direct or indirect contact (e.g., bumping) between Racers.
- Race organizers ensure Racers are abiding by the State of Illinois ordinance regarding appropriate personal protective equipment (gloves, face mask, etc.). Racers are permitted to wear face masks during the race.
- Race organizers must maintain social distancing from all Racers.
- Racers / groups should be static, with no mixing of employees or Racers between groups for the duration of the event. Interaction is not permitted between groups.
- A minimum 30’ of space must be maintained between groups.
Thank you to our sponsors!
DuPage Medical Group
Just add Magic Travel
Direct Fitness Solutions
The Rubino Family
2020 Running of the Green
2019 TURKEY TROT 5K
2019 Running o’ the Green Photos
2018 Turkey Trot Photos
2018 Stars and Stripes Photos