The Building Mechanic works under the supervision of the Superintendent of Parks and is responsible for skilled work involving the responsibility for the repair and upkeep of Park District buildings and facilities including District swimming pools.
The Building Mechanic is a full time position working 40 hours per week plus benefits and requires flexibility to work some weekends/evenings and overtime as needed. Normal work schedule is Monday through Friday; 6:30am-3:30pm. The Building Mechanic is on call 24 hours a day and is required to report to duty for emergencies.
- The candidate must possess a working knowledge in construction trades including carpentry, plumbing, HVAC, mechanical, painting, electrical, general building maintenance, and aquatics components.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Three years’ experience in facility and building repairs, including one year at the journeyman level in the repair and maintenance of buildings and facilities, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must be familiar with aquatic systems. Must have or obtain Certified Pool Operator Certification (CPO) and be certified in CPR, First Aid and AED within six months of employment. Perform in a timely manner proper operation, water tests, chemical safety, inspections, and mechanical systems of District swimming pools in accordance with the State of Illinois and Cook County Health Department Pool and Spa Codes.
- Must have and maintain valid Illinois Driver’s License.
- Ability to manage and schedule contractors and part-time help as necessary.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and schematics. Working knowledge of computers with experience in Excel and Word.
Job Title: Building Mechanic
Location: Parks Department
Salary: $22.00 – $26.00/hour DOE
Start Date: Immediate
Closing Date: June 17th, 2019
Click here to download fillable employment application.
Submit resume and application to:
Ryan Veldman, Superintendent of Parks
8125 W 171st Street, Tinley Park, Illinois 60477