League Weather/Schedule Hotline
Tinley Park Quickscores
Please refer to the League Weather Hotline for updates on Tinley Park-Park District athletic league updates. The hotline will only be updated if activities are canceled or adjusted, and no update for that day means all activities are on as scheduled. Field and weather conditions are assessed around 3:30 pm Mon-Fri, and throughout the day on weekends.
Please refer to the organization running the activity for updates on field conditions and activity cancellations for a different organization that utilizes Tinley Park-Park District fields.
When the forecast calls for multiple weeks of below-freezing temperatures in the winter months, the Park District often freezes an area at Community Park and Lewis Park for ice skating. Since winter weather conditions in Chicagoland are unpredictable, ice rinks are not guaranteed each year.
The minimum criteria for the Park District to create ice rinks is:
- Ample permafrost layer on the ground at each ice rink location
- At least two weeks of below-freezing temperatures forecast
- Park District staff availability
- Please confirm safe conditions on-site and the status of each rink via the Open/Closed signs as posted by Park District staff
- Posted signage is the most updated information regarding rink conditions
- Ice rinks are unsupervised.
- All patrons use the ice rinks at their own risk.
- Ice skating is prohibited at any other District property