The Tinley Park-Park District is currently accepting applications for Inclusion Aides to assist in our 2019 Summer Day Camp programs. The Park District Summer Day Camp program services participants aged 3 to 16. The Inclusion Aide will work one on one with a day camp participant to successfully include and meet the needs of the individual with a disability.
The Inclusion Aide applicant will need to assist with the inclusion of the participant in the day camp’s daily activities while acting as part of the overall staff make-up of the program. The applicant must be able to create adaptations to existing camp activities in order to promote accessibility and inclusion for all day campers.
This position will require applicant’s availability to work:
• Thursday, July 4th for the Park District’s Annual July 4th Celebration
• Monday through Friday, June 10th through August 2nd, from 9:00am until 3:00pm
• Training dates the week of June 1st, exact dates yet to be determined
Education and Training requirements:
• Minimum of three years of high school required
• Experience in day camp programs preferred
• Experience working with participants of diverse ability levels preferred
Additional hours may be available for the Extended Camp programs
Job Title: Inclusion Aides for Summer Day Camp
Start Date: June 1, 2019
Please submit a completed employment application/resume and cover letter to:
Human Resources Supervisor
8125 W. 171st Street Tinley Park, IL 60477