Planning your next Family Reunion, Corporate Event or Gathering of Friends?
The Tinley Park-Park District has ten picnic shelters throughout the Park District boundaries that are available for rental. The park shelters can accommodate group events for up to 150 people! Shelters are available every day for rental and can be used from dawn to dusk between May 1st and October 24th*, unless previously scheduled for a park district or a community function. No permits are issued for July 3rd, 4th and 5th due to the Districts community-wide 4th of July Celebration held at Jaycee Grove and Centennial Park.
Vogt Woods – Pavilion available through July 31st
Volunteer Park – Pavilion available through August 31st
- Permit applications become available for Tinley Park-Park District residents beginning at 9:00 am on the third Monday in January (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center.
- Beginning at 9:00 am, residents who are present receive a lottery number.
- Staff randomly pulls lottery numbers.
- Early arrival does not affect when the resident’s number is pulled.
- The applicant is required to provide a valid driver’s license with a photo to apply for a permit.
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age to obtain a permit.
Amenities available at the shelters may include those shown below. Click on the individual park name to see the amenities offered there.
- Ball Fields
- Basketball Areas
- Horseshoe Pit
- Portable Restrooms (Standard & Handicapped Accessible)
- Picnic Tables (8' long tables/ seat 10)
- Miniature Golf / Batting Cages
- Playground Equipment
- Picnic Shelter
- Soccer Goals
- Water Fountains
- Indoor Restrooms
- Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
For availability information, contact our friendly staff at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center located at 8125 W. 171st Street or by calling (708) 342-4200.
Cancellations must be made at least 90 days before the shelter reservation date to receive a full refund. Patrons may also receive a refund due to inclement weather as determined by Park District staff.
Shelter Permit Fees
|Park Name:||Location:||Max Occupancy:||Fee: Residents / Non-residents|
|Buedingen Park||16612 Cherry Hill Ave||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Centennial Park||7601 167th St||150||$100.00 / $250.00|
|Deinert Park||8557 Carriage Lane||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Gory Park||16300 Surrey Dr||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Lewis Park||16801 Normandy Dr||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Nasebandt Park||7899 174th Pl||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Pottawattomie Park||9128 178th St||150||$100.00 / $250.00|
*only available through 8/31/2021
|8180 175th St||150||$100.00 / $225.00|
|Jaycee Grove||16801 S 80th Ave||150||$125.00 / $275.00|
*only available through 7/31/2021
|6527 W 171st St||150||$125.00 / $275.00|
Please note: Any special requests, including but not limited to the use of carnival-type equipment, use of a disc jockey or other musical entertainment, conducting a raffle, selling of products, admittance fee, etc., must be presented in writing to the Park District no less than one month before the permit date for approval and will require the purchase of insurance listing the Tinley Park-Park District as Additional Insured for the event.
Park District Security Staff will check for Park Permits. Permits must be completed and approved before the event. No Park Permits will be granted on-site.
Additional rules may apply. Please contact the Park District for additional information at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street or call (708) 342-4200.
Additional equipment or supplies, such as chairs, tents, etc., are the renter’s responsibility and must be approved by the Park District before the event. The Tinley Park-Park District does not rent additional items for the shelter.
No temporary structures such as tents or canopies may be used without prior written permission from the Park District.
Permit Form Rules and Regulations
Permit applications will be available for Tinley Park-Park District residents starting in January on the Monday designated as the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. If more than one person is in attendance at 9:00 a.m., a lottery will be held. Non-residents may obtain permits beginning April 1st. The applicant must provide a valid driver’s license or state photo ID upon applying for the permit. The Park District’s main office can be reached at 708-342-4200 if you have any concerns before 4:00 p.m.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older to obtain a picnic permit.
- This application form shall be referred to and used as a permit upon approval by an authorized Park District official. The permit must be carried at all times during the activity by the person who has obtained and signed the permit. This permit must be shown to any authorized Park District official or village police officer upon request. In the case of two or more conflicting activities, the permit dated first shall entitle that permit bearer use of the facility in question.
- Use of any contractual vendors including, but not limited to, inflatable bounce houses/items, carnival-type equipment, food or entertainment will require Park District approval in advance. A certificate of insurance from the provider naming the Tinley Park-Park District as the additional insured for one million dollars will be required. A certificate of insurance is required 1 week before the event for processing.
- The Park District reserves the right to require a certificate of insurance from any group.
- Vehicles are ONLY ALLOWED in the parking lot areas. Unload contents of your vehicle in the parking lot. Vehicles are not allowed to be driven or parked in any other area. Vehicles are NOT permitted on Pathways or Turf areas.
- Any special requests must be presented in writing one month in advance of the permit date for approval.
- Any application for continuous days will require approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in the covered shelter area only.
- No temporary structures, such as tents or canopies, may be erected without the Park District’s written permission. Installation of any stakes or posts into the ground is prohibited.
- The sale of concessionaries of any kind, including the use of intoxicating beverages (where not designated) and gambling devices are prohibited.
- If your group exceeds the maximum number of occupants allowed, your permit will be revoked, and you will be required to leave the premises. Park District Security will check permits and the number of participants.
- In case of a conflict with Park District-sponsored activities, the Park District program has priority over the permit holder.
- If at any time your group causes damage to or alters park property or removes existing park property and/or violates state statutes of the State of Illinois, your permit will be revoked, and you will be required to leave the premises.
- Picnic permits do not give the group exclusive use of the amenities within the park. The Park and playground equipment are open to the public.
- The Park District reserves the right to require the permitted individual or organization to hire, at their own expense, an off-duty Tinley Park Police Officer to be present on the premises during the period of the permit at a ratio of 1 police officer per 50 persons in attendance.
- Whenever a permit is given to any group, an indemnity bond of up to $300,000 may be required, indemnifying the Park District for all damages to the premises or the equipment contained therein, or the appurtenances affixed thereto.
- In the community’s best interests, the Park District reserves the right to revoke the permit of any individual or group at the discretion of the Park District.
- The permit holder is required to remove any temporary signs, clean up trash, and leave premises in neat condition.
- Electricity is not provided at any pavilion.
- Picnic pavilions are not storm shelters. Seek proper shelter during inclement weather.
- Personal grills are not allowed. For safety reasons, most picnic shelters include grills.
- Hot coals shall be left on grills. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DISCARD HOT COALS.
- Park District staff will have the picnic shelters cleaned by 11:00 a.m. on the day of your permit.
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PICNIC AREAS.
- All other general district rules and ordinances must be followed in addition to these rental rules.
- The permit expires at Dusk.
- Visit www.tinleyparkdistrict.org for a complete list of Park District Ordinances.
- Violation of any rule or regulation will result in immediate termination of activity, tickets issued where appropriate, and exclusion from use of Park District facilities in the future.
A Strict Cancelation fee of $50.00 will be charged if the refund request is made less than 90 days before the event. The Park District Staff determine refunds based on weather conditions. Please call 708-342-4200 to request your refund. 2. Picnic permit holder may transfer from one picnic site to another if new date and site are available for the current calendar year only.
**Special Transfer Information**
If for any reason, a rental is unable to be held as deemed by the Tinley Park-Park District due to state or local guidelines, then the renter may move rental to the same weekend at the same pavilion for 2022 without penalty. Restrictions include: (a) the Renter must be a Tinley Park-Park District Resident, (b) transferring to another pavilion will not be done until after the 2022 lottery, and (c) the transfer is subject to approval.