Planning your next Family Reunion, Corporate Event or Gathering of Friends?
The Tinley Park-Park District has ten picnic shelters throughout the Park District boundaries that are available for rental. The park shelters can accommodate group events for up to 150 people! Shelters are available every day for rental and can be used from dawn to dusk between May 1st and September 30th, unless previously scheduled for a park district or a community function. July 3rd, 4th and 5th will not be available due to the 4th of July Celebration held at Jaycee Grove and Centennial Park.
Permit applications will be available for Tinley Park-Park District residents starting in January on the Monday designated as Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. If more than one person is in attendance at 9:00 a.m., a lottery will be held. Non-residents may obtain permits beginning April 1. The applicant is required to provide a valid driver’s license with photo or a photo ID upon applying for the permit. Applicant must be 21 years or older to obtain picnic permit.
Amenities available at the shelters may include:
- Ball Fields
- Basketball Areas
- Horseshoe Pit
- Portable Restrooms (Standard & Handicapped Accessible)
- Picnic Tables (8' long tables/ seat 10)
- Miniature Golf / Batting Cages
- Playground Equipment
- Picnic Shelter
- Soccer Goals
- Water Fountains
- Indoor Restrooms
- Tennis Courts
- Sand Volleyball Court
(Amenities vary based on park selection)
For information regarding availability and a selected park’s amenities you may contact our friendly staff at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center located at 8125 W. 171st Street or by calling (708) 342-4200.
Cancellations must be made at least 90 days prior to the shelter reservation date to receive a full refund. Patrons may also receive a refund in case of inclement weather (to be determined by the Park District staff).
Shelter Permit Fees
|Park Name:||Location:||Max Occupancy:||Fee: Residents / Non-residents|
|Buedingen Park||16612 Cherry Hill Ave||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Centennial Park||7601 167th St||150||$100.00 / $250.00|
|Gory Park||16300 Surrey Dr||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Lewis Park||16801 Normandy Dr||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Nasebandt Park||7899 174th Pl||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Pottawattomie Park||9128 178th St||75||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Veterans Park||16001 Ozark Ave||50||$75.00 / $225.00|
|Volunteer Park||8180 175th St||150||$100.00 / $250.00|
|Jaycee Grove||16801 S 80th Ave||150||$125.00 / $275.00|
|Vogt Woods||6527 W 171st St||150||$125.00 / $275.00|
Please note: Any special requests, including but not limited to the use of carnival type equipment, use of a disc jockey or other musical entertainment, conducting a raffle, selling of products, admittance fee, etc., must be presented in writing to the Park District no less than one month prior to the permit date for approval and will require the purchase of insurance listing the Tinley Park-Park District as Additional Insured for the event.
Park District Security Staff will check for Park Permits. Permits must be completed and approved prior to the event. No Park Permits will be granted on site.
Additional rules may apply. Please contact the Park District for additional information at the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center, 8125 W. 171st Street or call (708) 342-4200.
Additional equipment or supplies, such as chairs, tents, etc. are the responsibility of the renter and must be approved by the Park District prior to the event. The Tinley Park-Park District does not rent additional items for the shelter for a renter’s event. No temporary structures such as tents or canopies may be used without prior written permission from the Park District.
Permit Form Rules and Regulations
Permit applications will be available for Tinley Park-Park District residents starting in January on the Monday designated as the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. If more than one person is in attendance at 9:00 a.m., a lottery will be held. Non-residents may obtain permits beginning April 1st. The applicant is required to provide a valid driver’s license with photo or a photo ID upon applying for the permit. The Park District’s main office can be reached at 708-342-4200 if you have any concerns before 4:00 p.m.
Applicant must be 21 years or older to obtain picnic permit.
- Use of any contractual vendors including, but not limited to, bouncers, carnival type equipment, food or entertainment will require Park District approval in advance. A certificate of insurance from the provider naming the Tinley Park-Park District as the additional insured for one million dollars will be required.
- The Park District reserves the right to require a certificate of insurance from any group.
- Vehicles are ONLY ALLOWED in the parking lot areas. Unload contents of your vehicle in the parking lot. Vehicles are not allowed to be driven or parked in any other area. Vehicles are NOT permitted on Pathways or Turf areas.
- Any special requests must be presented in writing one month in advance of the permit date for an approval.
- Any application for continuous days will require approval by the Board of Commissioners.
- Alcoholic beverages are allowed in the covered shelter area only.
- No temporary structures, such as tents or canopies, may be erected without written permission from the Park District.
- The sale of refreshments, use of intoxicating beverages (where not designated) and gambling devices are prohibited.
- If your group exceeds the maximum number of occupants allowed, your permit will be revoked and you will be required to leave the premises. Park District Security will check permits and the number of participants.
- In case of a conflict with Park District sponsored activities, the Park District program has priority over the permit holder.
- If at any time your group causes damage to park property or removes existing park property and/or violates state statutes of the State of Illinois, your permit will be revoked and you will be required to leave the premises.
- Violation of any rule or regulation will result in immediate termination of activity, tickets issued where appropriate, and exclusion from use of Park District facilities in the future.
- Picnic permits do not give the group exclusive use of the amenities within the park. The Park and playground equipment are open to the public.
- The Park District reserves the right to require the permitted individual or organization to hire, at their own expense, an off-duty Tinley Park Police Officer to be present on the premises during the period of the permit at a ratio of 1 police officer per 50 persons in attendance.
- Whenever a permit is given to any group, an indemnity bond up to $300,000 may be required, indemnifying the Park District for any and all damages to the premises or the equipment contained therein, or the appurtenances affixed thereto.
- This application form shall be referred to and used as a permit upon the approval of an authorized Park District official. The permit must be carried at all times during the activity by the person who has obtained and signed the permit. This permit must be shown to any authorized Park District official or village police officer upon request. In the case of two or more conflicting activities, the permit dated first shall entitle the bearer use of the facility in question.
- In the best interests of the community, the Park District reserves the right to revoke the permit of any individual or group at the discretion of the Park District.
- The permit holder is required to remove any temporary signs, clean up trash, and leave premises in neat condition.
- Park District staff will have the picnic shelters cleaned by 11:00 a.m. on the day of your permit.
- DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED IN PICNIC AREAS.
- All other general district rules and ordinances must be followed in addition to these rental rules.
- Permit expires at Dusk.
A STRICT CANCELLATION FEE OF $50.00 WILL BE CHARGED IF REFUND REQUEST IS LESS THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE EVENT.
- Refunds based on weather conditions will be determined by Park District Staff.
Picnic permit holder may transfer from one picnic site to another, if new date and site are available.