The Tinley Park – Park District is looking for a qualified individual to perform the technical operations of events and rentals at the Tinley Park Performing Arts Center. This part time position will require a flexible schedule averaging 10 to 15 hours per week. Hours include occasional weekday afternoons/evenings and weekend days/afternoons/evenings. The qualified individual should be able to communicate effectively with the public and represent the operations and policies of the district. Experience working in a theatrical environment is desirable. General understanding of technical systems and customer service.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operate performance-related equipment at the Performing Arts Center including lights and lighting control panels, sound equipment, microphones, soundboard, speakers and other technical systems used during performances, movie parties and/or rehearsals.
- Monitor the condition of equipment, including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; notify Recreation Supervisor of the need to repair and replacement equipment.
- Use basic principles to operate computer hardware and applicable software.
- Utilize proper safety practices and procedures.
- Minimum of two years of high school completed.
Job Title: Theater Tech Booth Operator
Location: Performing Art Center
Start Date: Immediate
Closing Date: open until filled
Please submit a completed employment application to:
Tinley Park-Park District,Human Resources Supervisor
8125 W. 171st Street
Tinley Park, Illinois 60477