Due to COVID-19 restrictions, until further notice, the childcare room is closed.
Childcare is available to members of the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center and Tinley Fitness, and also to those participating in classes and programs at the Recreation Center facility. Monthly and daily drop-in fees are available. Please see below for hours, fees, and rules for the Childcare Center.
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
$14 per month (in addition to membership or program)
$8 per month for each additional child
Daily Drop-in Rate
$5 per day, per child
Childcare Center Terms and Conditions
- Up to 2 hour per day, per child.
- Parents selecting the monthly childcare option will receive a membership card for each child that will include the child’s photo. This card will scan-in the child at the childcare activity room. Child care membership cards cannot be transferred from child to child. Photo of the child will be verified.
- Childcare Reservations are NOT required. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Anyone who wishes to pay cash must pre-pay at the fitness/recreation desk and submit the receipt to the childcare attendant. Parent/Adult will sign the child in at the childcare center.
- Ages for childcare are 1 year to 12 years old.
- Childcare Attendant is not responsible for diaper changing. That is the responsibility of the parent of that child. The attendant will find the parent in these circumstances.
- Children with bottles or sippy cups to drink during the childcare stay must present them to the attendant for approval. Snacks and glass are not allowed.
- Childcare Attendant reserves the right to have a child removed from the childcare activity room for the following reasons:
- Continued crying or discomfort during stay
- Child causes harm to themselves, other children, or the Childcare Attendant
- Parent must be located in the Tinley Park-Park District Facility, Fitness or Recreation areas while child is in the Childcare Activity Room. Under no circumstances can a child be dropped off for the sole purpose of using the room as a babysitting service. Parents may not leave the facility.
- A child will only be released to the parent/parents that brought/scanned the child into the activity room unless otherwise previously arranged.
- If the child causes constant issues and problems, the Tinley Park-Park District reserves the right to remove the child from the Childcare Activity Room/Membership Services.
- If the child would like to play on the climbing gym, the child must have/wear socks.
- Restrooms are available in the playground area.