Click here for April 2023 Open Gym Schedule
Click here to print the updated Open Gym rules effective March 13, 2023
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
View on Map
Hours of Operation
May 1 – September 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 pm
Closed: Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day
October 1 – April 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 pm
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 pm
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 pm
Closed: Easter Sunday, and Christmas Day
Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve: 7:00 am – 2:00 pm
New Year’s Day: 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
RESIDENT ID REQUIRED
The FREE Resident ID Card is required for children under age 16 for daily admission. To ensure residency privileges are not abused, all patrons paying for a daily visit to the Water Park or Recreation Center must prove their residency within the Tinley Park-Park District boundaries (click for printable District map showing the boundaries and park amenities) to receive the discounted resident rate. Children show this card at the Water Park gate or Recreation Center front desk and pay the resident daily fee. Report cards and school IDs do not prove residency.
Those aged 16 and older use their Driver’s License for identification.
A parent must accompany their child(ren) age 15 and younger to the Recreation Center front desk to obtain the Resident ID Card.
Residents of Tinley Park-Park District can purchase an annual pass to the Bettenhausen Recreation Center, which includes unlimited use of the indoor walking track and basketball courts. Memberships are effective for one year from the date of purchase. Click for District map showing the boundaries and park amenities.
Annual Pass Rates effective January 1, 2022
PLEASE NOTE: Village/Corporate rates refer to those living within the boundaries of the Village of Tinley Park but outside the boundaries of the Tinley Park-Park District. Proof of residency and/or employment (current check stub) is required.
Our indoor playground is open to Tinley Park Residents daily from 10 am-2 pm.
Indoor Playground Rules
- Present a valid Drivers License/State Id with a Tinley Park address to sign in at the front desk before entering
- NO food, drinks, gum or strollers are allowed in the playground room. Strollers may be left in the hall.
- For the well-being of others, please refrain from having your ill child play on the equipment
- All open cuts or scrapes must be covered with a bandage
- Please monitor your child when using the restroom
- Parents must supervise their child(ren) at all times and follow additional posted rules
Daily Drop-In Rates
Non-residents: $15 with resident/member
Resident children age 2 and younger: Free
To receive the $5 resident rate to enter the facility:
- Adults must show either a valid Driver’s License or State ID.
- Children under age 16 must show a Tinley Park-Park District Resident ID Card.
- Non-residents (and those without proper identification) pay a $15 entrance fee and must be accompanied by a resident to enter the facility. One paying guest is allowed per resident/member.
Fees for admission into the Recreation Center are based on residency. There are two options for admission:
- Drop-in is fee paid per visit**
- Annual Pass (this admission covers use of the basketball court during open gym times, the indoor track, the use of the locker room facilities, children’s play area and the teen activity and game room during scheduled time frames.*)
*Youth under the age of 10 must remain in the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at all times. Children’s play area ages 2 – 9.
**Note: One paying non-resident guest is allowed per resident/member per visit. All non-resident guests must pay the non-resident drop-in fee.
Proof of residency is required by showing a valid Drivers License or State ID and one item listed below:
Residents under age 16 can receive a FREE Resident ID Card, which can be used to receive the resident drop-in rate at the Rec Center. For more Resident ID Card information, click here.
The Park District offers many rooms to host your next gathering. Rooms can accommodate your special birthday, anniversary, graduation, retirement party, family reunions, bridal and baby showers or corporate events. Rental requests should be made a minimum of 30 days in advance and can be booked a maximum of 4 months before your event. Full-service kitchen facilities are available with several of the room rentals. Rates begin as low as $50 per hour and will vary depending upon your room selection. Stop at the front desk of the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center for room details and pricing. Click HERE for additional information.
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477