8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
View on Map
Hours of Operation
May 1 – September 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
October 1 – April 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For the health and safety of yourself and others, before visiting one of our facilities, please complete the self-assessment shown. If you have any of the symptoms listed below or answer yes to any of the questions, we ask that you not enter our facilities.
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- New and/or sudden loss of taste or smell
- Gastrointestinal concerns
- In the last 10 days, have you been in close contact with any person who tested positive for COVID-19?
- Does anyone in your home show any of the above symptoms?
As of August 31, 2020, all Recreation Center memberships have been reactivated, with an additional 6 months added to the original expiration date.
The District is always committed to providing facilities and programs in the safest possible environment possible. The Park District continues to follow the recommendations and requirements of the Illinois and Cook County Departments of Health, Centers for Disease Control and other agencies. The fluidity of the situation creates frequent updates and changes. We will continue to provide these through our website, social media and emails. Stay Healthy! Stay Positive! Stay Optimistic! Click here for more Tinley Park-Park District COVID-19 updates.
Residents of Tinley Park-Park District can purchase an annual pass to the Bettenhausen Recreation Center, which includes unlimited use of the indoor walking track and basketball courts. Memberships are effective for one year from the date of purchase.
Annual Pass Rates effective January 1, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Village/Corporate rates refer to those living within the boundaries of the Village of Tinley Park but outside the boundaries of the Tinley Park-Park District. Proof of residency and/or employment (current check stub) is required.
Indoor Playground – CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Our indoor playground is open to Tinley Park
Residents at the following times:
Mon-Fri: 1:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Saturday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am-12:00 pm / 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Indoor Playground Rules
- Present a valid Drivers License/State Id with a Tinley Park address to sign in at the front desk before entering
- NO food, drinks, gum or strollers are allowed in the playground room. Strollers may be left in the hall.
- For the well being of others, please refrain from having your ill child play on the equipment
- All open cuts or scrapes must be covered with a bandage
- Please monitor your child when using the restroom
- Parents must supervise their child(ren) at all times and follow additional posted rules
Daily Drop-In Rates
Non-residents: $15 with resident/member
Resident children age 2 and younger: Free
To receive the $5 resident rate to enter the facility:
- Adults must show either a valid Driver’s License or State ID.
- Children age 15 and under must show a Tinley Park-Park District Resident ID Card or a picture ID with your name and a school report card or school mail with your name and address (e.g., School ID and report card with address; Safe Kids ID and report card with address; etc.).
- Non-residents (and those without proper identification) pay a $15 entrance fee and must be accompanied by a resident to enter the facility. One paying guest is allowed per resident/member.
Fees for admission into the Recreation Center are based on residency. There are two options for admission:
- Drop-in is fee paid per visit**
- Annual Pass (this admission covers use of the basketball court during open gym times, the indoor track, the use of the locker room facilities, children’s play area and the teen activity and game room during scheduled time frames.*)
*Youth under the age of 10 must remain in the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at all times. Children’s play area ages 2 – 9.
**Note: One paying Non-resident guest is allowed per resident/member per visit. All non-resident guests must pay the non-resident drop-in fee.
Proof of residency is required by showing a valid Drivers License or State ID and one item listed below:
Residents under age 16 can receive a FREE Resident ID Card, which can be used to receive the resident drop-in rate at the Rec Center. For more Resident ID Card information, click here.
The Park District offers many rooms to host your next gathering. Rooms are available to accommodate your special birthday, anniversary, graduation, retirement party, family reunions, bridal and baby showers or corporate events. Rental requests should be made a minimum of 30 days in advance and can be booked a maximum of 4 months before your event. Full-service kitchen facilities are available with several of the room rentals. Rates begin as low as $50 per hour and will vary depending upon your room selection. Stop at the front desk of the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center for room details and pricing. Click HERE for additional information.
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477