The Tinley Park-Park District Board of Commissioners and staff wish to thank our community for their patience and perseverance through this pandemic. We are pleased to be moving into Phase 3 of the Restore Illinois Plan effective Monday, June 1, 2020.
The District is always committed to providing facilities and programs in the safest possible environment possible. As has been the norm in Phase 2, Phase 3 requires social distancing, wearing face masks when the 6’ distancing cannot be maintained and remaining at home if you are not feeling well. Thank you for your cooperation in following these mandates when using Tinley Park-Park District facilities and parks. As of June 1, Tinley Park-Park District will have the following available to the public:
- Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center opens for program registrations and account updates only. The hours are Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturday 7:00 am to 2:00 pm. The walking track, coffee shop, gyms, room rentals and indoor exercise classes will remain closed.
- Some Rec Center fitness classes will be held outdoors; exact location for each class will be emailed to registered participants prior to program start date. Classes begin the week of June 8 so register now!
- Registration for summer classes is open. Restrictions currently limit the number of participants per class to 10 and require an outdoor location.
- Already open are Canine Campus Dog Park, tennis courts and park open spaces. Any gatherings are limited to 10 or fewer individuals and require social distancing and face masks.
As always, the Park District continues to follow the recommendations and requirements of the Illinois Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control and other agencies. The fluidity of the situation creates frequent updates and changes. We will continue to provide these through our website, social media and emails. We look forward to seeing you soon! Stay Healthy! Stay Positive! Stay Optimistic!
May 1, 2020 – For all of our Recreation Center members you’re annual membership expiration date will be extended by the number of days we are closed! We hope to see you soon!
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
View on Map
Regular Hours (Oct. 1 – April 30):
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Summer Hours (May 1 – Sept. 30)
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Residents of Tinley Park-Park District can purchase an annual pass to the Bettenhausen Recreation Center which includes unlimited use of the indoor walking track and basketball courts. Memberships are effective for one year from the date of purchase.
Annual Pass Rates effective January 1, 2020
PLEASE NOTE: Village/Corporate rates refer to those who live within the boundaries of the Village of Tinley Park but outside the boundaries of the Tinley Park-Park District. Proof of residency and/or employment (current check stub) is required.
Our indoor playground is open to Tinley Park
Residents at the following times:
Mon-Fri: 1:00 pm – 3:45 pm
Saturday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Sunday 8:00 am-12:00 pm / 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Indoor Playground Rules
- Present a valid Drivers License/State Id with a Tinley Park address to sign in at the front desk before entering
- NO food, drinks, gum or strollers are allowed in the playground room. Strollers may be left in the hall.
- For the well being of others, please refrain from having your ill child play on the equipment
- All open cuts or scrapes must be covered with a bandage
- Please monitor your child when using the restroom
- Parents must supervised their child(ren) at all times and follow additional posted rules
Daily Drop In Rates
Non-residents: $15 with resident/member
Resident children age 2 and younger: Free
To receive the $5 resident rate to enter the facility, an adult must show either a valid Driver’s License or State ID. Children age 15 and under must show a Tinley Park-Park District Resident ID Card or a picture ID with your name and a school report card or school mail with your name and address (ex. School ID and report card with address; Safe Kids ID and report card with address; etc.). Non-residents and those without proper identification will be charged a $15 entrance fee and must be accompanied by a resident to enter the facility. One paying guest is allowed per resident/member.
Supervised Open Gym Schedule
Schedules are subject to change at any time based on programming and attendance. Must follow all admission policies and open gym rules to attend.
Fees for admission into the Recreation Center are based on residency. There are two options for admission:
- Drop in fee paid per visit
- Annual Pass (this admission covers use of the basketball court during open gym times, the indoor track, the use of the locker room facilities, children’s play area and the teen activity and game room during scheduled time frames.*)
*Youth under the age of 10 must remain in the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at all times. Children’s play area ages 2 – 9.
Note: Non-residents of Tinley Park can be admitted with a resident annual pass holder only. Each annual pass holder is allowed one non-resident guest per visit. All non-resident guests must pay the non-resident drop in fee.
Proof of residency is required by showing a valid Drivers License or State ID and one item listed below:
Residents under age 16 can receive a FREE Resident ID Card which can be used to receive the resident drop-in rate at the Rec Center. Please stop by the Rec Center front desk for more information on the Resident ID Card.
The Park District offers many rooms to host your next gathering. Rooms are available to accommodate your special birthday, anniversary, graduation, or retirement party, family reunions, bridal and baby showers or corporate events. Rental requests should be made a minimum of 30 days in advance and can be booked a maximum of 4 months prior to your event. Full service kitchen facilities are available with several of the room rentals. Rates begin as low as $50 per hour and will vary depending upon your room selection. Stop at the front desk of the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center for room details and pricing. Click HERE for additional information.
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477