Beginning Monday, February 28, and in accordance with the removal of certain restrictions from State and Cook County public health officials, the Tinley Park-Park District will no longer require individuals to wear masks or show proof of vaccination while visiting Tinley Park-Park District facilities. This includes all programs and activities conducted by the park district.
It is still recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) that all individuals consider wearing a mask based on their own personal risk factors. Tinley Park-Park District staff will support the decision of all patrons regarding their choice of mask wearing and we ask that our community does the same.
Mask wearing and proof of vaccinations are still required under executive orders through Sunday, February 27th. This operational update is subject to change as it may be necessary to comply with local, State and Federal COVID health and safety guidance. Should something change we will notify those affected ASAP.
THANK YOU for your continued support and patience over the last two years as we all navigated the pandemic. Sincerely, Shawn Roby Executive Director Tinley Park-Park District 708-342-4200
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477
View on Map
Hours of Operation
May 1 – September 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Closed: Memorial Day, July 4 and Labor Day
October 1 – April 30
Mon-Fri: 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday: 7:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Sunday: 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed: Easter Sunday, and Christmas Day
Thanksgiving Day, New Year’s Eve: 7:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m
New Year’s Day: 8:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m
JANUARY 1, 2022: RESIDENT ID REQUIRED
Residents of Tinley Park-Park District can purchase an annual pass to the Bettenhausen Recreation Center, which includes unlimited use of the indoor walking track and basketball courts. Memberships are effective for one year from the date of purchase.
Annual Pass Rates effective January 1, 2021
PLEASE NOTE: Village/Corporate rates refer to those living within the boundaries of the Village of Tinley Park but outside the boundaries of the Tinley Park-Park District. Proof of residency and/or employment (current check stub) is required.
Our indoor playground is open to Tinley Park
Residents daily from 10am-2pm.
Indoor Playground Rules
- Present a valid Drivers License/State Id with a Tinley Park address to sign in at the front desk before entering
- NO food, drinks, gum or strollers are allowed in the playground room. Strollers may be left in the hall.
- For the well being of others, please refrain from having your ill child play on the equipment
- All open cuts or scrapes must be covered with a bandage
- Please monitor your child when using the restroom
- Parents must supervise their child(ren) at all times and follow additional posted rules
Daily Drop-In Rates
Non-residents: $15 with resident/member
Resident children age 2 and younger: Free
To receive the $5 resident rate to enter the facility:
- Adults must show either a valid Driver’s License or State ID.
- Children age 15 and under must show a Tinley Park-Park District Resident ID Card or a picture ID with your name and a school report card or school mail with your name and address (e.g., School ID and report card with address; Safe Kids ID and report card with address; etc.).
- Non-residents (and those without proper identification) pay a $15 entrance fee and must be accompanied by a resident to enter the facility. One paying guest is allowed per resident/member.
Fees for admission into the Recreation Center are based on residency. There are two options for admission:
- Drop-in is fee paid per visit**
- Annual Pass (this admission covers use of the basketball court during open gym times, the indoor track, the use of the locker room facilities, children’s play area and the teen activity and game room during scheduled time frames.*)
*Youth under the age of 10 must remain in the supervision of a parent or adult guardian at all times. Children’s play area ages 2 – 9.
**Note: One paying Non-resident guest is allowed per resident/member per visit. All non-resident guests must pay the non-resident drop-in fee.
Proof of residency is required by showing a valid Drivers License or State ID and one item listed below:
Residents under age 16 can receive a FREE Resident ID Card, which can be used to receive the resident drop-in rate at the Rec Center. For more Resident ID Card information, click here.
The Park District offers many rooms to host your next gathering. Rooms are available to accommodate your special birthday, anniversary, graduation, retirement party, family reunions, bridal and baby showers or corporate events. Rental requests should be made a minimum of 30 days in advance and can be booked a maximum of 4 months before your event. Full-service kitchen facilities are available with several of the room rentals. Rates begin as low as $50 per hour and will vary depending upon your room selection. Stop at the front desk of the Tony Bettenhausen Recreation Center for room details and pricing. Click HERE for additional information.
8125 W 171st St
Tinley Park, IL 60477